Log in to your Okta organization as a user with administrative privileges. If you don't have an Okta organization, you can create a free Okta Developer Edition organization.
Click on the Admin button.
Make sure you are on the Classic UI (top left header)
4. Click on the Add Applications link in the right pane.
5. Click on Create New App.
6. Select SAML 2.0 option, then click Create.
7. Under General Settings, add App name (for example: "Example SAML Application") and click on Next.
8. Under Configure SAML, paste the following URL in Single sign on URL and Audience URI (SP Entity ID) fields: https://<VULCAN_URL>/api/saml2_auth/acs/
9. In the Attribute Statements section, add three attribute statements:
• “givenname“ set to "user.firstName”
• "surname” set to "user.lastName"
• "name" set to "user.email"
10. Under Feedback section, select I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app and This is an internal app that we have created then click Finish.
11. The Sign On section of your newly created "Example SAML Application" application appears. Keep this page open it a separate tab or browser window. You will return to this page later in this guide.
12. Click the Identity Provider Metadata link and copy the raw metadata xml. Paste the copied xml and save it.
13. Go to the Vulcan Platform > Settings > Authentication > and follow the instructions on the SSO settings page.
14. Back to OKTA, right-click on the Assignments section of the "Example SAML Application" application and select Open Link In New Tab (so that you can come back to the "Sign On" section later).
In the new tab that opens, click on Assign and select Assign to People.
15. In Assign Example SAML Application to People type your username into the search box, select the Assign button next to your username.
16. Verify the user-specific attributes, then select Save and Go Back.
17. Click Done to exit the assignment wizard.