WE DEFINE "PII" TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
Please also read the Vulcan Cyber Terms of Service at: https://l.vulcan.io/terms-of-service-saas, which describe the terms under which you use our Services.
PII We Collect. In order to provide and improve our Services, we may collect information you provide and other information as detailed below. In addition, we may collect your PII from third parties, your device location data, your user information, communications you send us and aggregate data. We also automatically collect and record PII through your use of the Services, such as your IP address, cookie information, type of browser and technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services. At any time, you may opt-out from receiving newsletters and promotional communications from us.
How We Use Your PII. We use your PII for purposes such as providing you with, improving and operating our Services, to learn how to adjust and personalize your use of the Services, to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, for marketing and customer relations purposes and in order to protect the Services from threatening activities.
Cookies and Web Beacons. Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used on our Services. These assist us in delivering cookies, counting visits to our Websites, understanding usage and campaign effectiveness and determining whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our third-party service providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
Analytics: We collect analytics information when you use the Services to help us improve them. We may also share pseudonymized or aggregated data about your actions on with third-party service providers of analytics services.
Links. The Services may contain links to other services, sites and applications that are subject to their own privacy and data protection policies.
Children. We do not intend to collect PII from anyone we know to be under 18 years old. If you believe that we might have collected such information, please contact us.
PII Sharing. We grant access to your PII to our affiliates, agent representatives, and third party providers. In addition, we may share your PII if required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; to satisfy applicable law; when permitted by you; to prevent fraud or harm; to enforce agreements; for processing PII on our behalf; or in the event of a merger, acquisition or other structural change or form of sale of part or all of our assets.
PII Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill a legitimate business need or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Data Integrity. We process PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete and current. However, we depend on you to rectify your PII when necessary.
Your Rights. At any time, you may contact us and request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. For more details see Section 8 below.
Enforcement. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any formal written complaints regarding processing of PII that cannot be resolved between us and the complaining individual.
Consent to Processing and Transferring of PII. Your PII may be stored and processed in a country outside the country of your residence or from which you access the Services. Transfers of your PII outside the European Economic Area will comply with applicable laws.
California Residents. California residents have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. For more details, see Section 12 below.
Do Not Track Notices. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
1. PII We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Services, for product development, to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, for marketing and customer relations purposes, or for our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, enforcement of the relevant end user license agreement or customer agreement or other legal rights, we may collect and process PII, including the following types of PII:
1.1. Information You Provide. For some of the features of the Services we ask you to provide PII, including: full name, email address, job title, place of employment (name and registration number), username, password and address.
1.2. Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties.
1.3. User Information. When you use our Services, we may automatically receive and record information from your device, documents and browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online status, your IP address, internet service provider, search history, type of browser, browser ID, device ID, cookie information, regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes, network status (WiFi/ cellular carrier), and operating system information. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services, including without limitation which pages or widgets of the Services you viewed, exit and entrance pages, videos you watched, impressions, the number of views they get and any actions you make in the Services, and your use time. We use your IP address to help with server problem diagnosis and to administer the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics. We use all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
1.5. User communications. When you send an email or other communication to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may send you push notifications to send you news and updates related emails and notifications in respect of the Services. We may also send you newsletters and promotional communications if you joined our mailing list, you may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request at the following link: https://e.vulcan.io/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe-simple.
1.6. Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Services, we often conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior, use of the Services, and other statistics, based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you or any other individual personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
2. Cookies and Web Beacons. We may also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. We may also use third party technologies, such as cookies and web beacons and various third party providers to process and analyze your PII, including without limitation tracking your use of the Services and elsewhere on the internet. (e.g. Google Analytics) under the following terms and conditions:
fullstory https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy-policy .
4. Children. If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent and do not intentionally gather, collect/use or share PII from children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
6. PII Security and Retention. We follow generally accepted industry standards. to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
TO THE EXTENT THAT WE IMPLEMENTED THE REQUIRED SECURITY MEASURES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
8. Your Rights.
8.1. Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
8.2. Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
8.3. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
8.4. Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to https://vulcan.io/contact-us.
8.5. Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
12. California Residents. California residents have specific rights under the CCPA. For more information and to exercise your rights, please see the Privacy Notice for California Residents at the following link: https://help.vulcancyber.com/en/articles/6201906-privacy-notice-for-california-residents-ccpa.
13. Do Not Track Notices. You are also advised that Company does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals.
Last Date Updated: April 7, 2022